Monday, October 29, 2012

Good Morning, Friends!

Another day, another night, another blog entry... another great idea from my mom. :)

My first year of teaching, my mom gave me the idea for putting a morning greeting up on the SmartBoard every day. It's a great way to get kids engaged as soon as they walk in the door, and to make them feel welcome in our classroom.


So I spent my first few years building up a collection, and now, every morning when my students walk in there's a colorful and fun greeting on the SmartBoard for them to respond to. Sometimes they answer a question (like the one in a picture above), sometimes they do an activity (some academic and some not), and sometimes they just read a greeting from me.

The kids love these! They love responding themselves, and they love seeing what their friends said. At open house, I promise the kids that they will touch the SmartBoard every single day - and this makes sure that that's true!

I've posted a month's worth of premade morning greetings using Smart Notebook software up on my store on Teachers Pay Teachers, and I plan on continuing to do this - posting a month's worth of premade (but editable) greetings for teachers to use with their classes.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Daily-Morning-Greetings-for-SmartBoard

Hope you enjoy these as much as my class does!

-Michele :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Some mornings I think it's hard to come up with a fun, creative greeting. You seem to have some awesome ideas (that kids actually LIKE...) Thanks for letting me pick your brain =]!

    ReplyDelete